The Minority & Woman-Owned Business Enterprises Program (MBE/WBE) is BAA’s local program and is applicable to all BAA-funded procurements. The MBE/WBE program will help BAA:
- Promoting, encouraging, and facilitating the participation of local minority & woman-owned businesses in all aspects of the BAA’s procurement activities.
- Provide opportunities for minority & woman-owned businesses to fully participate in locally funded contracts, programs, and all related business activities at BAA.
Moreover, no person shall be denied the benefit of, or otherwise discriminated against, on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, handicap, sex, age, marital status, or sexual orientation in connection with the award or modification of a contract between a vendor or contractor and the Birmingham Airport Authority (BAA) where said contract is paid for, in whole or in part, with monetary appropriations by the Birmingham Airport Authority (BAA).
Registration helps ensure that a particular business may become a part of a pool of vendors identified for the purpose of increasing opportunities with respect to contracts and purchases awarded by the Birmingham Airport Authority (BAA).
All firms submitting applications for MBE/WBE registration consideration must be registered prior to submission of a bid or proposal.
All companies must renew their registration based on the expiration date of their certification with the initial certifying organization. The Birmingham Airport Authority (BAA) will recognize certification from:
- The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (OMBE) – Minority or Woman-Owned Certification
- The Birmingham Construction Industry Authority – Minority Owned Certification
- The Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council (SRMSDC) – Minority Owned Certification
If your firm is seeking to be registered with BAA and would like to complete a registration application, please follow the instruction below:
Create an account on B2GNOW please Click here
Click Apply for / Renew Registration.
- Click Create Account
- Complete Registration Form
- Click Next to complete the registration process.
Once you have created and completed your vendor account you will be able to apply for MBE/WBE registration.