Customer Satisfaction Soars High at BHM
The Birmingham Airport Authority released the results of its customer satisfaction survey conducted by Phoenix Marketing International at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The survey results serve as a baseline as to how BHM fares among travelers and what its customers are thinking about the airport. A total of 304 departing passengers at BHM were surveyed over a five-day period in August.The data was shared for the first time at the September 23rd meeting of the board of directors of the Birmingham Airport Authority.
A primary goal for the Birmingham Airport Authority is to improve customer service. The information from the customer satisfaction survey, which includes data about gender, income, and the percentage of business versus leisure travelers, will guide the Birmingham Airport Authority as it makes improvements to elevate the passenger experience in Birmingham.
“I want people to have a good experience,” said Ronald Mathieu, Birmingham Airport Authority’s President and CEO. “I want to have the best WiFi and I want for our passengers to have the best comments about our restrooms and our facilities.”
OVERALL AIRPORT SATISFACTION
- Passengers’ Overall Satisfaction with Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is 93%.
- About six out of ten passengers (63%) are likely to recommend Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport to others based on their experience.
- About one out of ten passengers (8%) are “detractors” based on their experience at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport with 11% of business travelers being detractors.
- Passengers are most satisfied with their Check-In Experience Overall (98% satisfaction).
- Passengers are least satisfied with Food and Beverage Overall at BHM (74% satisfaction) with only 64% of business travelers being satisfied with Food and Beverage Overall.