Customer Satisfaction Remains High at BHM
The Birmingham Airport Authority released the results of its 2020 first quarter customer satisfaction survey conducted by Phoenix Marketing International at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The survey is a continuation of surveys that began in August 2019 as to how BHM fares among travelers and what its customers are thinking about the airport. A total of 316 departing passengers at BHM were interviewed in the gate areas between Jan 6 and Mar 11, 2020. Passengers were selected by a trained interviewer using random selection procedures in gate areas. The interviewer asked initial screening questions and if the respondents felt comfortable, the survey was self-administered on an electronic tablet with the interviewer available to assist.
A primary goal for the Birmingham Airport Authority is to improve customer service. The information from the customer satisfaction survey, which includes data about gender, income, and the percentage of business versus leisure travelers, will guide the Birmingham Airport Authority as it makes improvements to elevate the passenger experience in Birmingham.
“I want people to have a good experience,” said Ronald F. Mathieu, Birmingham Airport Authority President and CEO. “I want to have the best WiFi and I want for our passengers to have the best comments about our restrooms and our facilities.”
OVERALL AIRPORT SATISFACTION
- Passengers’ Overall Satisfaction with Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is 99%.
- About eight out of ten passengers (86%) are likely to recommend Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport to others based on their experience.
- Passengers are most satisfied with the terminal facilities and check-in process overall (100% satisfaction).
- Leisure travelers were significantly more satisfied than business travelers with Food & Beverage, Retail, and Wi-Fi.
- Passengers reported that it took an average of twelve minutes to get processed through the security checkpoint.
- Nine in ten passengers were satisfied overall with Food & Beverage and Retail.
- 2019 – Quarter 3 _ 93% overall customer satisfaction
- 2019 – Quarter 4 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2020 – Quarter 1 _ 99% overall customer satisfaction