Customer Satisfaction Flies High at BHM
The Birmingham Airport Authority released the results of its 2021 first quarter customer satisfaction survey conducted by Phoenix Marketing International at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The survey is a continuation of a series of surveys that began in August 2019 to show how BHM fares among travelers and to gain insight on travelers’ perspectives on the airport.
A total of 393 departing passengers at BHM completed surveys between January 7th and March 31st. Passengers were selected by a trained interviewer using random selection procedures in the airline gate areas. Passengers completed the survey on their own mobile devices. Nearly all travelers (93%) were satisfied with their experience at BHM.
A primary goal for the Birmingham Airport Authority is to improve the passenger experience at BHM. The information from the customer satisfaction surveys will guide the Birmingham Airport Authority as it makes strategic improvements to elevate the passenger experience at BHM.
OVERALL AIRPORT SATISFACTION
- Passengers’ overall satisfaction with Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport during Q1 was 93%.
- Passengers were most satisfied with the check-in process, security, terminal facilities overall, and getting to the terminal.
- Passengers were least satisfied with food and beverage, retail, the gate area and wifi overall.
- The top three drivers of satisfaction were gate area overall, check-in overall, and security checkpoint overall. These areas will be a primary focus of improvement.
- Passengers reported that it took an average of 6.3 minutes to check in and 7.5 minutes to process through the security checkpoint.
- The average age of the travelers surveyed was 41.
- Leisure travelers (65%) heavily outweighed business travelers (35%) for the survey period.
Results and Full Reports
- 2021 – Quarter 1 _ 93% overall customer satisfaction
- 2020 – Quarter 4 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2020 – Quarter 3 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2020 – Quarter 1 _ 99% overall customer satisfaction
- 2019 – Quarter 4 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2019 – Quarter 3 _ 93% overall customer satisfaction