BHM Customer Satisfaction Remains High Amid Global Pandemic
The Birmingham Airport Authority released the results of its 2020 third quarter customer satisfaction survey conducted by Phoenix Marketing International at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The survey is a continuation of a series of surveys that began in August 2019 to show how BHM fares among travelers and to gain insight on travelers’ perspectives on the airport. A total of 258 departing passengers at BHM completed surveys between September 8th and September 30th. Passengers were selected by a trained interviewer using random selection procedures in gate areas. Passengers completed the survey on their own mobile devices as opposed to the interviewer’s ipad to reduce touchpoints and avoid cross contamination during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Nearly all travelers (98%) were satisfied with personal safety in the terminal.
A primary goal for the Birmingham Airport Authority is to improve the passenger experience at BHM. The information from the customer satisfaction surveys will guide the Birmingham Airport Authority as it makes strategic improvements to elevate the passenger experience at BHM.
OVERALL AIRPORT SATISFACTION
- Passengers’ overall satisfaction with Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is 96%.
- About eight out of ten passengers (79%) are likely to recommend Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport to others based on their experience.
- Passengers are most satisfied with getting to the terminal, the terminal facilities and check-in process overall (98% satisfaction).
- Passengers are least satisfied with food and beverage, retail, and the gate area.
- The top three drivers of satisfaction are gate area overall, food and beverage overall, and terminal facilities overall. These areas will be a primary focus of improvement.
- Passengers reported that it took an average of twelve minutes to check in and process through the security checkpoint.
- The average age of the travelers surveyed was 42.
- Leisure travelers (72%) heavily outweighed business travelers (28%) for the survey period.
- 2020 – Quarter 3 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2020 – Quarter 1 _ 99% overall customer satisfaction
- 2019 – Quarter 4 _ 96% overall customer satisfaction
- 2019 – Quarter 3 _ 93% overall customer satisfaction