In order to ensure the smoothest, most pleasant airport experience possible, we advise you to follow your airline’s suggested guidelines for advance check-in. We also recommend arriving at the airport 60 to 90 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time, so as to allow sufficient time for TSA clearance and boarding. There is one central security entrance at BHM where all passengers pass through TSA to enter the concourse. For the latest Transportation Security Administration travel tips and prohibited items list, visit the TSA website.
- No unattended vehicles are permitted in front of the terminal. Passengers may be dropped off and baggage unloaded on the upper level roadway, but the vehicle must be attended at all times. Violators will be towed.
- If you have a medical, parental, or other specific need to accompany a ticketed passenger beyond security checkpoint, please check at the airline ticket counter to determine further assistance.
- To expedite the screening process, passengers are advised to limit the number of electronic equipment carried with them. Screening these devices will create delays. Whenever possible, place these items in your checked luggage.
- No knives or cutting instruments of any length or composition are permitted past the security checkpoint.
- If you have a medical condition that requires you to carry a needle on your person or in your carry-on baggage, you must have the medication that requires such injection on your person. The medication must be packaged with a pharmaceutical label identifying the medication.
- Any items surrendered at the security checkpoint will not be returned.
- All luggage, checked and carry-on, is subject to random inspection.
TSA Pre✓® is an expedited security screening program connecting travelers departing from the United States with smarter security and a better air travel experience. Passengers considered low-risk who qualify for the program can receive expedited screening either as a member of the program or another specific trusted traveler group. If you’re eligible and approved for the TSA Pre✓® program you will be given a known traveler number “KTN” to use when making flight reservations. Participating airlines will print an indicator on your boarding pass. When you arrive at the airport, look for signs for the lanes. Learn more about the application process.